Thursday, February 13, 2014

About Time

Today I will be reviewing a refreshing  rom com film titled About Time. The leading actress is our beloved Rachel McAdams (of The Notebook and The Vow to name a few) who shares the lead with a breakthrough actor named Domhnall Gleeson. Gleeson plays the unexpected but absolutely perfect socially awkward lead to capture the hearts of every viewer. This is not a typical love story by any means because these characters don't do everything right to find each other and fall in love. There are more mishaps in their love affair then successful candlelit dinners and strolls on the beach. The family of our main character is hilarious, honest and truly authentic.
I loved this movie, as not only a love story of two people but of family as well. I am personally powerless to the effects of a good rom com, but this one film in particular was wonderful. I think the most heartwarming aspect of the film is its total and complete quirkiness. The characters are all impossible not to fall in love with for all their very real faults and awkwardly beautiful personalities. Of course, there's also the time travel bit to really set it apart. Even that adds emotion to the story, not the silliness you might expect. The bond between father and son is really the love story this film tells. It is beautiful, lovely, a bit odd, and very authentic. An absolute must watch.
I give this movie 2 cupcakes!
Feel free to view the trailer above and tune in next week for another review!

3 comments:

  1. I've heard so many amazing things about About Time. This review really makes me want to watch it!! hahaha
    Keep up the great work Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Now here's a movie I can add to my ever growing list of movies to watch. This review might actually have done it for me. And now to go and see if I can rent it. Great work, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love rom com films. This one is also on my must-to-watch list. It is also a wonderful time just relaxing and having fun. Nice post,Jess!

    ReplyDelete