Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Winters Bone

The film I will be reviewing today for my first review is titled Winters Bone and stars everyone’s current favourite actress and person, Jennifer Lawrence. Lawrence is still very new to film, and certainly to starring roles, but her performance is commendable. The film focuses on Lawrence, a 17 year old guardian, forced to raise her young siblings due to a lack of parental support from her mentally unstable mother and absent father. When the children’s father misses a court date after posting bonds to be released from jail, the family’s home lies in the hands of 17 year old Lee. In order to save her home, Lee must find her father. This promise made to the bondsmen to keep their home becomes a liability Lee discovers she may not be able to answer to. The story follows the young girl’s search, down a road she is warned she ought not to travel, into some dangerous territory.
The most entertaining part of the film may be in large part thanks to Lawrence’s incredible performance.

I give this movie one cupcake!
Feel free to watch the trailer included above, and be sure to tune in next week for my next review!

6 comments:

  1. I love her acting! Thank you for a great advice. Very thought-provoking and controversial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you even begin when you’re talking about an actress like Jennifer Lawerence. She has done a phenomenal job in all her movies especially The Hunger Games and Silver Lining s Playbook. Unfortunately I have not had the chance to watch Winter’s Bone just yet, but after viewing the trailer I can see how she would be a perfect fit for this role! What a great way to start off your blog with such a well-rounded and respected actress within the industry. Looking forward to your next chose of film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing this movie a couple of years ago.I think it was after I had seen Jen in X-Men origins. I was shocked at the diversity of her acting. Looking specifically at the movie, it's a dark and rather depressing movie. Not something of a pick me up but still well done. Jennifer's character had to overcome crazy odds and family situation. I won't say anything else but I too encourage everyone to watch this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comments, I am glad you were each able to relate to my opinions. Exceptional actress certainly, and a good film to see for those of you who haven't yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this film, I felt it really unraveled a side of the American landscape not often talked about. I agree that Lawernce carries the movie well. I love film, so I will be checking back to see what else you are reviewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer Lawrence is such a great actresse and I have yet to see a movie she has not performed well in. Thanks for providing information about this movie. It am definitely intrigued and will have to watch it sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete