Tuesday, February 18, 2014

American Hustle

Today I am reviewing the acclaimed film AmericanHustle. This film received a lot of buzz for award nominations prior to it's receiving the many it went on to claim, and that was most likely because of the dynamic team of A list actors and actresses. Each actor and actress in this film is well recognized and loved in the public. The actors are: Christian Bale, known for his roles in Batman, Holocaust and most recently, Out of the Furnace, Bradley Cooper, known for his role in The Hangover films most recently. Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams hold roles as the films leading ladies, and both received awards for their performances, including Academy Awards Adams as best actress in leading role and Lawrence best actress in supporting role. Bale and Cooper won the same awards, respectively. Bale, Christian, Adams and Lawrence also won Golden Globes awards this year, and the entire cast won the Screen Actors Guild Award for outstanding performance by a cast in a motion picture, to name only a few. As these prestigious awards may suggest, the film is highlighted by incredible performances by each actor and actress. The story line follows two con artists in the middle of a CIA investigation through which they become involved with the Mafia thanks to the CIA agent played by Cooper. The storyline take the three main characters, two con artists and one CIA agent, on a glamorous, dangerous and at some points comical adventure. The agent loses himself in some of the temptations of the high rolling lifestyle he invests in for his case, and Christian and Adams as the two con artists, develop an escape plan for their developing Mafia involvement.
I give this movie 3 cupcakes!
Tune in next week for another insightful review by myself, a public relations student finding time to indulge in film, and check out the trailer above!

6 comments:

  1. I love Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawerene and Amy Adams. I have been dying to see this movie, this post has made me want to watch it even more. Thank you Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. American Hustle is a great movie to review. But FYI, the Academy Awards haven't happened yet. All four actors received nominations, though.

    Out of curiosity, I would like to hear YOUR thoughts on the movie. Here, you wrote about the main actors and major plot points, but I'd like to know: Did you enjoy it? What were the good parts? What would you have done differently?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jessyca, good post. Since I have not seen this flick nor do I know what it's about, you did a great job explaining it for me. That's awesome that Bale and Cooper are in this film as I have enjoyed their performances in previous movies.

    I will be sure to check this film out now. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After watching numerous movie trailers, I had to see this movie- it looked so good. It also features an excellent cast. However, I have to say that I was slightly disappointed after viewing the film. Perhaps it was because my expectations of what I thought the film was about, were completely wrong. Although the actors played their roles really well, I felt that it was a slow movie, and at times I felt confused. Maybe I will have to give the movie another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually loved this movie. Jennifer Lawrence is amazing, and the huge twist ending made me literally go 'WHAT?!'. I love that you include the trailers and explain thr movie without giving it away.
    Awesome post, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time.
    Christian Bale and Jennifer Lawerence are phenomenal actors

    ReplyDelete